We begin our season March 8, 2018, at the Seacoast Dome in Topsham. Practice is from 6:30-7:30pm each Friday until April break. After the April school vacation week, outdoor lax begins, with practices on Mondays and Wednesdays, and games on Saturdays.
We will be fielding two teams on game days this year. Grade 5-6 teams will be playing games of 7v7, with goalies. Go, Mini Dragons!!!
Typically 24-30 kids. Brunswick boys will be given preference. Boys from outside of Brunswick will be placed on a waiting list, and if space allows, can join on a first come first served basis.
- This team starts practices indoors on Friday nights starting in March at The Dome in Topsham. Your child MUST be registered with US Lacrosse before practicing. They play indoors one evening per week for 6 weeks.
- After April vacation the outdoor season starts with two evening practices per week (Mondays & Wednesdays, 5-6:30 pm) and one weekend game/tournament per weekend, usually Saturdays. The outdoor season runs for about 8 weeks.
- The boys are required to be in full uniform (including a cup and a mouthpiece) and will play in a 7 vs 7 format (new in 2016). The program does have some helmets to loan out for the season. Players are welcome, and encouraged, to bring their own newer helmets if they have them. There is contact at this level, however, clear-out checks are strictly prohibited. The boys will be given a game uniform and practice pinnie to keep.
- One practice will be held at Brunswick High School with mentoring from Brunswick HS Dragon’s players (Mondays). The second practice will be held on the fields at Crimmins or the Brunswick Junior High School where home games will also take place.
- We will be playing in the Maine Boys Youth Lacrosse Association league playing other programs from around the State. The travel is minimal.
- This is the last level of Youth Lacrosse in Brunswick. It is intended to prepare the boys for playing for the Junior High School 7th grade team, as well as club play.