FMI Contact: BYL Boys Coordinator: Molly McGrath, firstname.lastname@example.org, 207-837-4075
- typically two teams of around 12-14 players each. Brunswick boys will be given preference. Boys from outside of Brunswick will be placed on a waiting list and if space allows, can join on a first come first served basis up to the maximum roster size determined by coaches.
- These teams start practices indoors during the first week of March. Practices will be held at Coastal Orthopedics Performance Center on Tuesdays from 6:30-7:30pm one night per week until April vacation (6 weeks). You must be registered with US Lacrosse before practicing.
- After April vacation the outdoor season starts with two practices per week (Monday and Wednesday 5-6:30) and one weekend game/tournament per weekend, usually Saturdays. The outdoor season runs for about 8 weeks.
- The boys are required to be in full uniform (including a cup and a mouthpiece) and will play in a 7 v 7 format. While it is their first exposure to playing field lacrosse with equipment, body checks are not allowed…..however lots of bumping is.
- One practice will be held at Brunswick High School with mentoring from Brunswick HS Dragon’s players (Mondays). The second practice will be held on the fields at Crimmins or the Brunswick Junior High School where home games will also take place
- We will be playing in the Maine Boys Youth Lacrosse Association league playing other programs from around the State. The travel is minimal.
- At no other level of our program do we see such amazing improvement